Thursday, September 27, 2012

Excerpt from Klutzy Love

I raised my salty-rimmed margarita, "Let's make a toast to Mr. Langfield; he was kind, kooky, and had poor taste in women."
"Here, here. God bless the silly romantic fool," Kitty cheered and twirled her hair around her finger.
"I second that," Brenda clinked her glass to ours and munched on chips and salsa.
After a sip from my drink my sexy-guy radar started to beep. I did a quick scan of the restaurant and spotted my target. I discreetly waved my hand above my head and said, "Target acquired... target acquired." We laughed until we about peed our pants and then I leaned forward and quietly asked, "Do you think he heard me?" then giggled more. "I've seen my share of gorgeous men, but that guy is smok’n hot."
"Oh boy, is he ever," Kitty and Brenda said in unison and fanned their faces dramatically.
"He's been looking my way. I'm giving him my, 'you can buy me a drink' look."
All of a sudden Kitty rolled her eyes toward the bar and whispered, "Holy moly, he's coming this way."
Sure enough he made his way through the crowd on the dance floor towards our table. Before I hyperventilated from excitement, Kitty kicked me in the shin. "Thanks, I needed that." Kitty could be pretty levelheaded in stressful situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment