Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Come Check out The Next Best Thing Blog!

Thanks to the lovely author Lorrie Struiff, who writes Western Romance, for inviting me to participate in 'The Next Big Thing'!




1. What is the title of your latest book?
It's Klutzy Love and it's the third book in The Corny Myers Series.






2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
I wrote two short stories; book one, Flamingo Blues and book two, Be Mine of 'The Corny Myers Series' and though it was a good idea to go back and write about how Corny and Steve met.


3. What genre does your book fall under?
Paranormal Romance with lots of humor and cute critters,

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Kellan Lutz as Steve Spears, he looks tough is a very sexy way. Mila Kunis would make a great Corny Myers. Sweet, but kind of klutzy looking.

5. What is the book blurb for your book?

Corny is a hot chick with a great job that she loves. All that changed in the blink of an eye when her boss had an accident involving an oversized rubber band. She’s still a hot chick, but her boss is dead.

Steve Spears is a seasoned narcotics cop who ends up wanting to strangle Corny on a regular basis. After finding out Corny’s dream of opening a pet detective business, he decides he doesn’t want a girlfriend who routinely puts herself in danger. That’s his job!

Corny misses Steve, but she’s getting on with her life. She decides to get a month’s worth of dating out of the way in a single night, by combining her three favorite things—men, food, and alcohol.

Steve’s big gun and cop’s intuition saves Corny’s life, but not from another trip to the emergency room. He makes Corny promise never to get hurt again—she agreed, but has her fingers crossed behind her back.
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
They are published by Books To Go Now.

6. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
It depends on the length of the book and I have a day job, husband, and cat that take a lot of my time. I'd say two months.

7. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
My writing style is similar to Janet Evanovich's. Stephanie Plum, with a psychic twist.

8. Who or What inspired you to write this book?
My wonderful, creative husband. He is a constant source of ideas. Oh, and my cat too!

9. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
My heroine talks to animals and they usually have some pretty interesting things to say.

I'll be choosing one lucky winner to receive an eBook copy of my latest release Klutzy Love from one of the wonderful comments.

Below are five more authors you can visit for a chance to win great prices on Halloween, next Wednesday October 31th.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, thanks for joining the hop. Your books sound like a fun read. A gal that can talk to animals. A different take on humor, and I love humore.

    Best of luck with the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorrie, I appreciate the invite.

      Delete
  2. You are a new author to me but your books sound great! I can't wait to read them! I am adding you to my TBR list now! Great post and I love your website! Best of luck and Happy Halloween!
    allysonbrann06@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison, Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoy my books.

      Delete