Saturday, October 13, 2012

Welcome Passionate Cook and Author A. R. Norris


Sharon: I'm happy to have you here today! Tell me a little about yourself A. R.


A. R.: I live in the beautiful Northern California Wine Country of Napa Valley. Married to a wonderful husband, we have 4 children and two canine babies. One very evil cat -- of which the dogs fear -- decided to accept our offer of residency and has tolerated us for years now.

Although I enjoy reading all genres, my writing centers on speculative fiction. There's something about the possibilities that attracts me. It proves the human spirit cannot be dampened by time, location, or change. No matter how far in the future we go, or how deep into another realm or dimension we fall, the core of our species will always adapt and grow... plus the aliens, battles, and cruising through space and time are pretty cool.

Sharon: Your Heavenly Pillows Sopapillas look incredible. What inspired you to make this wonderful recipe?


 

A. R.: What's more hot than a flaky dessert, dipped in honey and shared with the one you love? Yeah, it takes a bit of prep and build up, but so does the art of romance, does it not?


Sopapillas are a sentimental recipe for me. My grandfather brought the recipe over from Central Mexico when he moved to America. I used to love watching him sit in the kitchen and toss flirtatious comments to my grandma as she dropped the dough in the deep fryer. And then later, they'd cuddle against the counter and share one (or two) together.

The moments were so romantic. When All Romance asked for romantic recipes I knew I had to share this one.


 
The Hispanic culture has always held a rich romantic element to me. When Damani Wassack, the main male character to my last installment of the Telomere Trilogy, popped into my mental life I knew he was from a Hispanic heritage. In End of Eternity, he tries not to be romantic or sentimental, but can't stop his nature... especially against the Dokkaebi warrior Luna Dokkaebi. He knows that her hostile and contrary personality is only used to hide her fear of a world and an attraction to him she doesn't understand


Sharon: What is End of Eternity about?"


A. R.: Luna thought her journey away from her people's world was over. Now, she's forced to join the lost daughter in her journey with Captain Noah Bonney's crew to learn why these women coexist with men. Something unbelievable to the all woman race. Adding to the confusing change in Dokkaebi directive and teachings, is the presence of the gold-eyed man that stirred something in her heart. A forbidden attraction that goes against all her teachings and her people's ways.

Damani Wassack isn't happy with the situation either. Telomere Watchers lead secluded and separate lives. Yet now, he and the other watchers must come to the surface, show all their secrets and work with outsiders. If that weren't enough, he can't get that sneer from the man-hating warrior woman out of his mind. Or her fierce dedication, strong spirit, and sense of duty and honor. The package is appealing, and completely impossible.


For more information on me or my other books, feel free to visit my blog
http://sci-fiadventures.blogspot.com/.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me by today Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story! I love cooking... I need more time. I'm looking forward to finding time to read the third book in the Telomere series. Loved the first two.

    ReplyDelete