Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Welcome Passionate Cook and Author Karen Booth



Sharon: Welcome Karen. Tell us about your wonderful recipe Ehhplant Al Forno.

Karen: When I cook, I’m all about two things: simplicity and taste. Well, maybe veggies too. No matter what I make for my family, I am constantly sneaking in more vegetables. That’s why I love this eggplant dish, which couldn’t be any simpler or more of a crowd-pleaser in terms of ingredients and flavor profile. My vegetarian daughter loves this dish and actually gets excited about me making eggplant.

I came up with this recipe while trying to recreate the regular baked Eggplant Parmesan. I hated the mess of dipping the slices into egg and breadcrumbs, when most of it ends up sticking to the pan anyway. With my recipe, you have less breading and less work, but you still get a crispy, cheesy topping. Perfect! 


Sharon: It's sounds and looks wonderful. Why don't you tell me a little about yourself.

Karen: I'm a Midwestern girl transplanted in the South, raised on 80s music, Judy Blume, and the films of John Hughes. When I'm not creating dreamy fictional men, I'm listening to music with my kids, honing my Southern cooking skills, or sweet-talking my astoundingly supportive husband into whipping up a cocktail.

Sharon: He sounds like a great guy. Tell me about your latest book.

Karen: It's called For Keeps.

By day, Allie Flynn runs her ad agency with singular determination. By night, she retreats to her empty apartment, longing for another hallway encounter with Cooper, the absurdly hot guy in 3B.
Software entrepreneur Cooper Hale doesn’t have time to stock his fridge but he’ll sure as hell stop to smell the roses—he takes every eyeful he can get of criminally sexy Allie from downstairs.
During a neighborly dinner, Cooper decides to finally make a move on Allie, setting off sparks in the kitchen that ignite a wildfire in the bedroom. Allie’s grateful the twenty-eight-year-old hunk has the guts to seduce a woman twelve years his senior, but she’s stunned when he suggests they get tangled in the sheets again and again.
Casual becomes complicated as Cooper grapples with powerful feelings for Allie and she worries that he will eventually want someone younger. When he pulls a jealous stunt, she sees the inevitable end, but she’s about to learn that love, not age, changes the game when you’re playing for keeps.
For further information on Karen, visit http://karenbooth.net.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a terrific plot line and theme. The inner conflict for both of them must be painful.

    On my TBB list.

    Nice post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorrie, the dish looks good to. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete