Monday, April 8, 2013
Ever wonder what a Blog Hop is?
Welcome to Books To Go Now's "Hot Summer Nights Blog Hop!"
Some of you have been asking what a blog hop is, so I will explain that a bit in the next paragraph. The objective for any Blog Hop is to gain exposure for yourself as an author, your books and your blog, but it should never be so much work that you want to pull your hair out. So, please have fun with this hop and I hope it brings some new readers your way!
WHAT IS A BLOG HOP?
A Blog Hop is a linky list that is SHARED ON MULTIPLE BLOGS.
Blog readers see the same list on each blog, and can "HOP" from blog to blog seeing the same list of links to follow: BLOG HOP!
Blog visitors can submit their entries on any blog that contains the list. The entries will appear on each blog where the list resides.
(Above description obtained from http://www.linkytools.com/)
I hope that helps explain to everyone what a Blog Hop is.
Now, onto the instructions for this hop.
Please read this entire document first and then email us if you have any questions. I’m going into great detail for those who aren’t familiar with hops. For some of you this may be too much information, so please bear with us.
You must have a Blog of your own. Not a Blog tab, on your website, but an actual Blog.
Blogger and WordPress are the two most popular free Blog Sites.
You must have a Google account to sign up for Blogger. I've found Blogger very easy and simple to set up. https://accounts.google.com
WordPress is a little more complicated, but has more features. http://wordpress.org/
How to sign-up for a Blog Hop
To enter your Blog in the Blog Hop, you click on this link. It's usually located at the bottom of the blog instructions.
Fill it in and hit 'enter your link'.
To get your Blog Hop code you click on Get the code here…Which is located below your sign-up link.
You cut and paste the appropriate code into you blog. You do this by going to the tab, on your post, that says HTML and scroll to the end. When you hit the blank space at the very end of your post, you paste this code in. Please include ALL of it, not just the link itself.
I hope you're still following us.
Now onto the instructions for Books To Go Now's Hot Summer Nights Blog Hop!
By May 22nd, everyone participating in the hop needs to post a blog post on the subject of “Hot Summer Nights”. This could mean whatever you want it to. For some it can be something as tame as a song they remember from a hot summer night, while others may consider it much more primal and go toward a more erotic blog post. The only limitation is what your mind creates. This is your post so own it and make it yours.
Also, be sure to include one or some of your books to promote in the post. This isn’t necessary, but why not grab a little extra promo for yourself while you have people visiting your blog?
1. At the end of your post include a prize. This is mandatory, but it can be anything - small or big. What that prize is, is up to you. You can give away a $5 Gift Card, some pretty bling, a book or whatever you like, (Value $10+). It’s your blog, so it’s your choice. You pick YOUR own winner the day after the hop. You don’t need to tell us your prize or your final winner, but it’s imperative that you follow through with giving the prize to the winner. Readers WILL remember if you’ve failed to give them their prize. If you don't already know, www.raffflecopter.com is a great place to facilitate quick and easy giveaway codes for your site
2. People visiting your blog are all still eligible for the grand prize! They MUST include their email address to be eligible for the grand prize. I will be choosing 1 random commenter from each stop on the hop and putting all their names into the proverbial hat to draw for the two grand prizes.
3. The hop will run for 7 days (May 22nd – 29th). Your blog post needs to be up/live/published on your blog by 6 a.m. PACIFIC time on the first day of the hop (May 22nd). I realize that some people have problems with figuring out how to schedule their posts ahead of time. In this case I would either post it the night before or first thing in the morning. If your post isn’t up by the time I check, your name will be removed from the linky list, thus causing you to lose blog traffic. Since this is a 7 day hop, please make sure you have your post easy to find on your blog. They’ll be thankful you did.
4. The blog badge needs to be in your actual post. This helps readers easily and quickly identify the right post they’re looking for to participate in the hop. I’ve attached the image for you in this document, but the HTML codes for this image can also be found below. Also, put the badge on the sidebar of your blog.
HTML Code for blogger:
<a href=" http://bookstogonow.blogspot.com/p/hot-summer-nights-blog-hop-main-page.html"><img src=" http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s553/DanicaWinters/HotSummerNightsMay_zps3f38baa5.jpg" alt="BWS tips button" width="230" height="250" /></a>
You can use this link for Wordpress:
Remember, we have two GRAND PRIZES:
1st Grand Prize: (1) Kindle Fire!
2nd Grand Prize: (1) $100 Amazon Gift Card
5. Please put this prominently on your post. It must be included. We will announce the grand prize winner no later than May 31st (as well as which blog the lucky winner commented from) on my blog as well as email the winner.
6. Promote! Promote! Promote! Any blog hop is only as successful as those who help get the word out. So please promote and share the hop every day of the hop. No place is a bad place to get the word out, so please try any and all avenues available to you. Facebook, Twitter, yahoo groups, newsletters, anything. We all need to help each other.
Okay, I think that should explain it all, but if not, here are two links of Blog Hops, to give you an example of what it could look like:
Thank you for your participation!
Jennifer Conner, Books To Go Now, Editor-in-Chief
Danica Winters, Books To Go Now, Promotional Manager
Sharon Kleve, Books To Go Now, Author