Thursday, January 16, 2014

WELCOME TO THE WINTER WONDER MAN BLOG HOP!

http://www.hdthomson.com/blog-hops/winter-wonder-man-blog-hop/
 
Click on the image above to go to the next hop!



A lot of the country right now is having some pretty terrible weather. Everyone is stuck indoors while the snow and sleet rage outside. We're spending our time watching movies or reading to pass the time until Spring rolls around.


H.D. Thomson and Bella Media Management are giving away a Grand Prize of : $35 Barnes & Noble or Amazon Gift Card, winners choice to one lucky winner.


Hop around to all the wonderful blogs and answer the question, “What makes a hero in movies and books wonderful to the point your toes curl?”


Leave a comment on my blog with your email address and Rafflecopter will chose one lucky winner (US only please) of  this beautiful organza necklace.

 



If your still in the mood to read Christmas stories, check out Brenda's Christmas Desire.



Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Brendas-Christmas-Desire-Dreams-Come-ebook/dp/B00GLY8DR6/



Christmas approaches and Brenda has to decide if she’s going to let the past hold her prisoner for another year or if she can finally enjoy what Christmas used to mean to her—love.

DEA agent, John Smith knows the significance of December fifteenth to Brenda, but when the head of the Nuevo Cartel escapes federal prison he's forced to let her face the day without him, but not quite alone.

Can Daisy, a golden Labrador puppy, a huge sale on decorations at the hardware store, and a gift from her aunt restore her love of Christmas?


Excerpt:

December 2013

The weather forecast for the Western Washington area, specifically North Seattle, predicted a good five-to-six inches of snow. Brenda Houser watched the flakes float like cotton balls from the sky as she dipped a tortilla chip into a bowl of thick and chunky salsa and popped the morsel into her mouth.

Her boss, Corny Myers, tapped her pencil on Brenda's reception desk to the beat of The Little Drummer Boy, which streamed from the Green Hornet Investigations Bose speakers.

 "Hey, Brenda. I have bad eating habits but I've never started the day with chips and salsa. What's up?" Corny asked.

 "You know how I feel about all the holiday hoopla. I'd rather stick my head in the sand and pull it back out in January."

 "Do you really think Mexican food is going to make you feel better?"

 "Probably not, but a couple margaritas might help."

You can find Halo's Christmas Wish, (Book one in the series) here:
http://www.amazon.com/Halos-Christmas-Wish-Dreams-Come-ebook/dp/B00F4M2N6S/

Book three in the series (Kitty's Christmas Hope) will be out early in 2014.






a Rafflecopter giveaway

29 comments:

  1. Being international, I'm not eligible for your lovely prize but I wanted to leave a little comment. A character's kindness is always hot. Especially when he's not going to get anything out of it, but he always does in the end because kindness works that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A character's kindness is always ho

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to be drawn to movie men w/ deep voices - but kindness is good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I second Nicki's deep voice craving :) confidence is also essential.

    thumbalina2323(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a guy that protects his woman
    jasdarts at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the loyalty, protectiveness with a touch of sarcasm that's what makes my toes curl.


    anovelgathering2013(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A toe-curling hero is just like Jamie Fraser from the Outlander series or Jack Ryan from the Tom Clancy novels.
    ~Carole Avila
    info at carole avila dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great excerpt! I don't care if it's in real life or fictional there's something about a guy, especially one who's kind of gruff or angsty, holding a baby animal that gets me each and every time.

    naggingdilemma at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess,

      Thank you for stopping by and I agree. I love baby animals.

      Delete
  9. I love an Alpha male who has a rough and tough exterior yet when he is woth his woman he turns into a big sweetheart and shows a side of himself others would never see or guess existed. Oh, and a tortured hero get me every time too. Thanks for the giveaway and hop!
    cguidroz2@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Besides being sexy and maybe a bad boy, a man who shows love towards kids totally curls my toes!

    books4me67 at ymail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hero that captures my heart is sexy and wild, loyal and kind but has an edge to him and does the unpredictable. Flirty.feisty@Gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. My perfect hero is tall, muscular,confident,loyal, Alpha,bad-ass, intelligent, protective, vulnerable and majorly damaged -- but ultimately redeemable!

    Thanks for the amazing giveaway!
    elizabeth @ bookattict . com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The heroes that make my toes curl are the ones that are loyal and have a wonderful sense of humor.

    jmesparza821 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite is an alpha hero. One thats strong, caring, protective. I love a sense of humor! And a six pack and guns doesnt hurt anything. lol Thank you!
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love a caring, protective hero, one who can go all alpha male, yet doesn’t feel threatened and even encourages their loved one taking the lead and taking charge. A sense of humor is also important. It doesn’t matter if it’s just goofiness, dry humor, wit, etc, just some type of sense of humor. He has to be able to deal with feelings, not all, oh I’m a guy, we don’t do those things, over-macho crap. I want a guy who’s secure in his massculinity (you know, not afraid to wear pink or scared people will think he’s “gay” or “a girl” for actually doing/enjoying things like going to the theatre or dressing fashionably). Loyalty and fidelity are extremely important as well as being able to cook. A guy who can cook is super sexy. And romantic at heart as well.

    tiger-chick-1(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. my favorite is when the alpha male is protective but not so bad that hes crazy and when he has that soft side to him but only for his lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like a hero who isn't easily swayed by other women. He's faithful even when he's being enticed by another woman. That is hot to me!!
    cc_clubbs at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is so many things, but being all alpha and still showing compassion usually does it for me delphinareadstoomuch at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love a strong alpha male who is smart, savvy and knows how to sweep me off my feet.
    Loved the excerpt.

    fsteph55(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete