Monday, February 2, 2015

WELCOME TO THE BROOKHOLLOW SERIES !



Hero vs. Hero-Luke vs Ethan

Hero #1

Luke Dawson

Age 34

6’0 185 lbs

Blond hair, blue eyes

Architect-owns Dawson Contracting

Has been in love with his high school sweetheart-Victoria Mason forever. This holiday season, fate brings her home to Brookhollow and Luke is determined to make to remember how great life in the small town…life with him could be.

Favorite ‘Luke Moment’ in The Trouble With Mistletoe:

Shivering as a blast of cold rustled the thin football jersey, Victoria said, “No, Luke, wait.”

He kept walking.

“I love you.”

He paused, then continued walking.

“Didn’t you hear me?” she asked, running the few feet to catch up to him and grabbing his arm.

“Yes, I heard you.” He removed her hand from his arm.

Her heart sank. “And?” Did she dare hope he still wanted her, too?

“That’s it?”

“Yes.” That was huge.

Luke shrugged. “So? I’ve loved you since the second grade and look where it’s gotten us. I wasn’t the one who left Brookhollow two weeks before our wedding. I’ve always love you enough to put us first. You were the one who chose your career—twice.”

“If that’s true why didn’t you fight for us?” Victoria demanded. “I may have left Brookhollow, but you didn’t try to stop me.” She rubbed her chilled arms for heat.

“Would it have worked?” he challenged her.

She hesitated. “I don’t know.”

“I do,” Luke said, moving toward her. “You see, I’ve finally learned that there’s no point chasing something already gone. Even if you’d stayed, your dream was New York.”

 

Hero #2

Ethan Bishop

Age 28

6’ 0 180 lbs

Brown hair, Brown eyes

Firefighter

He has been friends with Bailey Sheppard for so long that it is impossible to see her as anything but his cool chick, best friend, but when Bailey decides that she wants more than friendship from Ethan, he starts to see his friend in a whole new light…

Favorite ‘Ethan Moment’ in What A Girl Wants:

Moving toward her, he took the box from her and covered her hands with his. His grip tightened when she tried to pull away. “Bailey, for the first time in my life, I’m feeling something real, something exciting. I haven’t been able to sleep or eat. My stomach turned at the mere notion of you with Adams...or anyone else for that matter.” He paused. “Look at me, please.” His voice was gentle as he lifted her chin. He rested his forehead against hers. “I’m falling for you, Bailey, and my biggest regret is not having realized how perfect, how beautiful, how strong and compassionate you are before now...when it’s too late.”

Pushing him away, Bailey backed up until her back hit the wooden shelf. She shook her head, avoiding his eyes. “No, Ethan, I’m sorry. I don’t know what you think was happening between us....”

“Stop. You’re a terrible liar.” What was she saying? That she didn’t have feelings for him? That was crap and they both knew it.

Touching her cheek, he wiped a tear away, but another fell in its place. “I’m sorry.” The words were so empty, so meaningless. But they were all he had.

Her smile looked forced when her pained eyes met his. “You get her back. It was what you wanted.”

“You think this is what I wanted?” She couldn’t be more wrong.

“Please go now,” she whispered, moving past him.

“Bailey, what do we do now?”

“The same thing we’ve always done.”

“Can you do that?” he choked out.

“Maybe not today...or tomorrow, but eventually. Like you, I have no other choice. Bye, Ethan.”

 


Author Bio-Jennifer Snow
 
Jennifer Snow lives in Edmonton, Alberta with her husband and four year old son. She is a member of the Writers Guild of Alberta, the Romance Writers of America, the Canadian Author Association, and SheWrites.org.  She is also a regular blogger on the Heartwarming Authors site and is a contributing author to Mslexia Magazine, WestWord Magazine and RWR.  Her 2013 Holiday Romance-The Trouble With Mistletoe was a finalist in the 2014 Golden Quill Contest and the Heart of Denver Aspen Gold Contest. More information can be found on her website www.jennifersnowauthor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment